Time for installation. If you have installation media insert it to the DVD / Blue Ray drive or the USB flash disc, reboot or start the server and you will see the following picture after a while. You should enter your bios and configure your server to boot from the DVD drive/USB flash drive. You can also install Windows Server to a virtual machine.
Here you can choose the OS language to install, time and currency format and keyboard method. When you are ready click Next.
Next click Install. Next step is to choose the edition you want to install and Next.
When the Applicable Notices and License Terms appears, select I accept the License Terms check box and click Next.
Which type of installation do you want? Upgrade or Custom? We do not upgrade the Server but we will perform a clean installation so choose the second option Custom: Install Windows only(advanced).
Next step is to choose the partition you want to install Windows Server 2016 and click Next.
As you can notice in the picture above, you can work with your partitions.
- Refresh, click it when you load a driver
- Load Driver, click it if you need to add disk drivers for USB drive, DVD etc
- Delete, if you want to delete a partition. ALL DATA WILL BE ERASED from this partition
- Extend makes the selected partition larger as long free space is after the following partition.
- Format the selected partition and ALL DATA WILL BE ERASED
- New creates a new partition if free space is available
Next screen you will see shows the installation progress.
When installation process finishes the server will restart and you will see the following picture
As you can understand you need to choose the password for the system’s Administrator account.
This is what you will see when your Server starts. To login press Ctrl + Alt + Delete
When you log in, Windows Server 2016 loads by default Server Manager.