- Open Server Manager
- Click Tools and Computer Management
3. Click Disk Management, Action and then Create VHD
4. Click Browse to select or write the file and location for the new Virtual Hard Disk. Write the size for the new virtual hard disk and if it is Fixed size or Dynamically expanding. Then click OK.
After you created the new Virtual Hard Disk, it appears as an uninitialized disk in the Disk Management.
Create Virtual Hard Disk with Windows PowerShell
You need to install (if it is not installed already) the hyper-v-PowerShell feature:
install-windowsfeature -name hyper-v-powershell
new-vhd -path c:\share\disk1.vhd -sizebyte 2gb
Some available parameters:
- path specifies the location and filename for the new virtual hard disk
- sizebytes specifies the size and you can use MB , GB, TB.
- fixed / dynamic to allocate all the storage space specified in the sizebytes or a smaller virtual hard disk which expands as needed
- sourcedisk the location of a physical disk to be copied to the new virtual hard disk.